About the job
Earn extra money and set your own schedule as a DoorDash Food Delivery Driver in Miami. It’s easy to get started, and all you need is a vehicle to get around. Receive orders on your smartphone, pick up food from local restaurants, drop it off at the customer’s door, and get paid.
DoorDash is an app that lets people easily browse nearby restaurants and order food online from the convenience of their phone or computer. The orders are fulfilled by food couriers, called “Dashers” who pick up the food and deliver it straight to the customer’s location.
- At least 18 years old
- A vehicle, scooter, or bike
- Driver's license
- Drive to local Miami restaurants to pick up food.
- Take on deliveries in nearby cities throughout Miami-Dade County, like Brownsville, Gladeview and Westgate if you want to expand your reach.
- Select time slots in half hour increments of when you'd like to work.
- Accept or reject jobs based on where the restaurant is, how many items in the order, total driving distance, and how much money you’ll make.
- Follow GPS directions to the pickup and dropoff location.
- Complete all deliveries in a quick and reasonable amount of time.
- Update customers on the status of their order if delayed.
- Handle food safely while transferring it from the restaurant to your vehicle to the customer.
- You set your own schedule and only work the times you want.
How much DoorDash pays in Miami, FL
- On a national average, couriers can make up to $23 per hour.
- Actual earnings in the Miami area may differ, as factors like when you work (peak times), incentives, and tips can affect how much you make.
- You get to keep 100% of the tips, delivery fee, and bonuses.
How to apply
- Hit the QUICK APPLY button
- Sign up on the DoorDash website with some basic information.
- Answer a few questions and complete signup.
- Download the Dasher app on your phone and you’ll be ready to start earning once approved!
FAQs about being a DoorDash Food Delivery Driver in Miami, FL
Your salary depends on how many deliveries you make. The more orders you complete, the more you get paid. On each order, your earnings are made up of the delivery fee, bonuses, and tips. The fee is dependent on the time, distance and desirability of the order and will not change based on the customer's tip amount. Bonuses will vary, but are usually given during busy hours or if you meet certain delivery goals within a given period of time. Finally, tips you earn from customers go 100% to you.
You get paid every week for all deliveries completed between Monday-Sunday from the previous week. Direct deposit into your bank account typically takes 2 days.
Background checks take 1-3 business days and are processed through DoorDash's third party consumer reporting agency Checkr. After you submit your application, you can check your status directly on Checkr's website (https://applicant.checkr.com).
You never have to pay out of pocket for any food orders. Once you arrive at the restaurant, the Dasher app will tell you whether you can just grab the food and go, or if you need to pay with your DoorDash Red Card (this is a credit card sent to you as part of your activation kit).
DoorDash partners with many local restaurants and national chains like Chipotle, Subway, McDonalds, and Burger King. Expect to deliver food from popular pizza, burger, Italian, and sandwich shops all throughout Miami.
With a population of over 470.0k people and 13.0k people per square mile, expect there to be excellent demand for restaurant food delivery in Miami. Nearby cities and the surrounding region have over 2.8m people and 1.5k people per square mile, which should provide a excellent amount of customers wanting to bypass in-person dining in favor of food delivered to their homes.
If you don't own or have access to a car, you can rent one daily, weekly, or monthly through HyreCar, a website where gig workers can rent cars directly from owners. Find a car locally to rent for your DoorDash deliveries for as little as $25 a day. Learn more at HyreCar.com.