Food Delivery Driver
About the job
You’re the boss when you deliver food for DashDash in Seattle. Earn extra money and do it on your own time, starting and stopping when you want. Once you're signed up, you can begin receiving orders on your smartphone, completing deliveries in your area, and get paid.
- 18 years of age or older
- Any vehicle in any condition
- Valid driver’s license
- Manage your own work schedule and select time slots in half hour increments.
- Drive to local Seattle restaurants to pick up orders.
- Delivery in nearby cities throughout King County, like Medina, Hunts Point and Kirkland if you want more delivery opportunities.
- Follow GPS directions to the restaurant and customer’s location.
- Complete all deliveries in a timely, reasonable manner.
- Handle food safely and with care while transferring it from the restaurant to your vehicle to the customer.
- On a national average, Dashers make up to $23 per hour.
- Actual earnings in the Seattle area may differ, as factors like when you work, incentives, and tips can affect how much you make.
- Keep 100% of the tips.
- Freedom to decide when, where, and how much you work.
- Eligible to earn bonuses for completing a certain number of deliveries in a set amount of time.
DoorDash lets people easily order food online from the convenience of their phone or computer. All orders are fulfilled by Dashers who earn money by picking up and delivering food straight to the customer’s door.
How to apply
- Hit the APPLY button.
- Sign up with your zip code and some basic information.
- Pass a quick background check.
- Download the Dasher app and you’ll be ready to accept your first order.
Frequently asked questions about this gig
Your earnings depends on how many deliveries you make. The more orders you complete, the more you get paid. On each order, your earnings are made up of the delivery fee and tip. The fee will depend on the time it takes, driving distance and desirability of the order and will not change regardless of the customer's tip amount. The tips you earn from customers go 100% to you. You can also be eligible to earn bonuses, which are usually given during busy hours or if you meet certain delivery goals within a given period of time.
You get paid every week for all deliveries completed between Monday-Sunday from the previous week. Direct deposit into your bank account typically takes 2 days. DoorDash also offers Fast Pay, where for a small fee of $1.99 you can cash out your earnings daily.
Background checks take 1-3 business days and are processed through DoorDash's third party consumer reporting agency Checkr. After you submit your application, you can check your status directly on Checkr's website (https://applicant.checkr.com).
You never have to pay out of pocket for any food orders. Once you arrive at the restaurant, the Dasher app will tell you whether you can just grab the food and go, or if you need to pay with your DoorDash Red Card (this is a credit card sent to you as part of your activation kit).
DoorDash partners with many local restaurants and national chains like Chipotle, Subway, McDonalds, and Burger King. Expect to deliver food from popular pizza, burger, Italian, and sandwich shops all throughout Seattle.
With a population of over 725.0k people and 8.7k people per square mile, expect there to be excellent demand for restaurant food delivery in Seattle. Nearby cities and the surrounding region have over 2.2m people and 1.1k people per square mile, which should provide a excellent amount of customers wanting to bypass in-person dining in favor of food delivered to their homes.
If you don't own or have access to a car, you can rent one daily, weekly, or monthly through HyreCar, a website where gig workers can rent cars directly from owners. Find a car locally to rent for your DoorDash deliveries for as little as $25 a day. Learn more at HyreCar.com.