Grocery Shopper - Delivery
About the job
Want to get paid to shop for groceries? As an Instacart grocery shopper in Portland, you receive orders on your smartphone, shop for groceries at grocery stores and supermarkets near you, deliver them to the customers' doors, and then get paid. Best of all, you can do this in your spare time and set your own schedule.
Instacart is an app and website that lets people order groceries and household items from their local stores online. The orders are fulfilled by personal shoppers, who shop and deliver them in under two hours.
- At least 18 years old
- A vehicle
- An iPhone 5 or Android 4.4 or newer
- Able to lift bags of groceries in and out of your car
- Drive to and shop at your local Portland grocery stores, such as Safeway, Costco and Albertsons.
- Take on deliveries in nearby cities throughout Multnomah County, like Maywood Park, Milwaukie and Raleigh Hills if you want to expand your reach.
- Designate which days and hours you're available to work and get push notifications of shopping/delivery opportunities.
- Accept or reject jobs based on how much you'll make, how far away the store is, and how many items you need to shop for.
- Shop for items while in store and mark off each as found by scanning them on your Instacart shopper app.
- Be able to identify and pick out quality produce if needed.
- Lift grocery bags in and out of your car.
- Drive to customer's location and drop off groceries.
- Provide excellent customer service and complete delivery in a timely fashion.
How much Instacart pays in Portland, OR
- Expect to earn about $7-$10 plus tips for every order you complete in the Portland area.
- Your amount may vary since a percentage of your earnings will be based on tips.
- Instacart recommends its customers pay at least a 5% tip with a minimum of $2 on every customer’s order at checkout.
How to apply
- Hit the APPLY button
- Create an account on the website with your zip code.
- Install the Instacart shopper app on your phone.
- Answer a few questions in the app.
- Pass a quick background check and you’ll be ready to start earning!
FAQs about being a Instacart Grocery Shopper in Portland, OR
Instacart shoppers in Portland get paid for every order they complete. How much you get paid will depend on how many items, type of items, driving distance, and effort in shopping and delivering. You also get to keep 100% of your tips from the customer.
After completing your delivery, you'll get paid instantly and you can deposit that amount in your checking or savings account immediately.
Background checks typically take less than 5 business days and sometimes much quicker depending on the volume of applications at the time you submit.
Never! Instacart provides you with a payment card to use during checkout.
With a population of over 650.0k people and 4.8k people per square mile, expect there to be good demand for grocery shoppers in Portland. Nearby cities and the surrounding region have over 810.0k people and 1.9k people per square mile, which should provide a excellent amount of additional demand if you choose to work outside your zone.
Shop and delivery groceries from these local stores: Safeway, Costco, Albertsons, CVS, QFC, Natural Grocers, Petco, Foot Front Co-op, Smart Foodservice, Fred Meyer, Sheridan, New Seasons Market, Restaurant Depot, Rite Aid, Target, Big Lots, Staples.
If you don't own or have access to a car, you can rent one daily, weekly, or monthly through HyreCar, a website where gig workers can rent cars directly from owners. Find a car locally to rent for your Instacart deliveries for as little as $25 a day. Learn more at HyreCar.com.