About the job
Earn extra money in you spare time by being a dog walker in Dallas. Simply set the days and times you’re available and how far you’re willing to travel, start accepting dog walking requests, and get paid.
- At least 18 years old
- Enjoy walking dogs and compassion for animals
- Are responsible and dependable
- Are patient and trustworthy
- Walk dogs as scheduled.
- Plan walking routes when needed.
- Ensure that all dogs and those around them are safe.
- Pick up and dispose of dog waste.
- Observe and report any issues to owners.
- Communicate with pet owners and provide updates when needed.
- On average, dog walkers make up to $1000 per month.
- You get to keep 100% of the tips.
- You set your own rates, not Rover.
- You can decide to charge special rates for holidays, additional dogs, or type and age of dog.
- You set your own schedule of when you’re available for dog walking jobs.
Rover is an app that connects dog walkers with dog owners. A walker can create a profile with their photos, rates, and availability while an owner can browse, find, and book available walkers in their area.
Interested? Here's how to apply
- Hit the APPLY button.
- Sign up on the Rover website and create a profile that showcases yourself as a dog walker.
- Pass a background check and profile review.
- Once approved, you’ll be ready to accept your first dog walking job.
Frequently asked questions about this gig
As a dog walker on Rover, you set your own rates. How much you charge can depend on the day and times you’re available, age and size of the dog, how many positive reviews you have, and how good your profile is. In Dallas, a reasonable amount to charge is anywhere from $.50 to $1.00 per minute.
Payments will be available to withdraw 2 days after you’ve completed the service. Withdrawals via PayPal are free while withdrawals by check incur a small fee.
Background checks typically take 2 days. There is a small $10 upfront fee for the background check, which is tax deductible as an independent contractor.
After submitting your profile, Rover will manually review your profile, which usually takes between 5-10 days. The review team will only approve dog walkers who meet their set of quality standards, so be sure to fill out your Rover profile with enough detail and photos in order to put your best self forward.
Yes, on your profile you can list all the services you want to provide and how much you charge for each. Other services you can offer include pet sitting, drop-in visits, dog boarding, and doggy daycare.
Almost 40 percent of American households own a dog, and with a population of over 1.4m people and 4.0k people per square mile in Dallas, expect there to be good demand for dog walkers in Dallas. If you wanted to offer your services to people outside of Dallas, nearby cities and suburbs have over 2.6m people and 3.0k people per square mile, which is a excellent amount of dog owners to market to.